The LEVIT offers high quality Arabic courses for foreigners, teaching both Levantine Dialect and Modern Standard Arabic (MSA).
In line with its engagement for education of the underprivileged, the Institute finances and manages a learning center for children of our neighborhood the Maan Center), proposing homework support and teaching languages (French and English). Our students are actively involved with the Maan Center while studying Arabic at the LEVIT.
The LEVIT also holds conferences/talks/movie projections in order to bring together researchers, professors, artists, and activists with both Tripoli’s youth and our international students.
The intern will be in charge of:
- Ensuring the continuity of the link between the social center and the students by coordinating the volunteering aspect of the project.
- Administrative support of the online registration process, management of the database and following-up with cases.
- Coordination and organization of cultural events: conferences, talks, movie projections
- Marketing and communication on social media (Facebook page, Instagram, Linkedin)
- Write the newsletter.
- Any other tasks which could be required.
- Good proficiency in English. French is desirable.
- Good communication and social skills. Being able to work in a multicultural team.
- Good understanding of the Levantine region.
- Education: BA in Political Science, Education, Social Sciences, Communication, Law or any related field.
The LEVIT offers free Arabic courses during the internship (12 hours a week in a class).
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly send a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter at email@example.com before 28th February 2019 . Internship starting on 1st of April 2019.