Summer Scholarship 2019
´´ARABIC IMMERSION IN THE HEART OF LEVANT´´
The Levantine Institute of Tripoli (LEVIT) is proud to announce the Summer Scholarship, a fully-funded two months Arabic language program.
The Summer Scholarship is designed for anyone interested in learning the Arabic language and experiencing a linguistic and cultural immersion in Levant. The Scholarship holder will gain a deeper knowledge of Levantine Dialect (Amiyeh) as well as familiarity with history, culture and other sociopolitical aspects of Lebanon.
The Scholarship will be held at LEVIT, in Tripoli, in North Lebanon´s capital and second largest city in the country which with its authenticity and vibrant atmosphere represents a great choice for Arabic learners from all over the world.
What does LEVIT Summer Scholarship 2019 include?
· Eight-week course of Levantine dialect ( 96 classroom hours in total) between July 1st 2019 and August 31st 2019
· Shared accommodation for the whole duration of the stay
· Studying materials and textbooks
. In addition to the language courses, scholarship holder will have access to organized weekend trips, cultural events and monthly discussions
* Costs such as flight tickets, airport transfer from and to Tripoli and food are not covered by the scholarship
Who is eligible to apply for LEVIT Summer Scholarship?
To be eligible for LEVIT Summer Scholarship:
· Be over 18 years old
· Be highly proficient in written and spoken English ( fluency in other language(s) is an asset)
· Have beginner or intermediate level of Levantine dialect (Amiyeh)
· Demonstrate a strong interest in Arabic language and Levant
· Demonstrate a strong interest in social media and marketing
Candidates must not:
· Be a current or former student of the LEVIT
· Have reached advanced level in Levantine dialect
Preferred candidates should:
· Have previous experience with social media and marketing
· Have an academic or professional background related to the Middle East
· Demonstrate financial need
Terms and conditions of the LEVIT Summer Scholarship:
1. LEVIT Summer Scholarship covers a free eight-weeks language course starting on July 1st 2019 and finishing on August 31st 2019
2. Scholarship does not cover transportation, food as well as transfer from and to Beirut International Airport
3. LEVIT Summer Scholarship imposes the following obligations:
3.1 Scholarship holder must contribute to the activities aimed at promoting the LEVIT
3.2 Scholarship holder must participate in the LEVIT promotional campaign via social media and other channels in order to raise public awareness about the LEVIT
3.3 Duties related to the LEVIT promotional campaign should be completed in the form of articles, videos and photos published on social media
How to apply for LEVIT Summer Scholarship 2019?
The deadline for the submission of the application is April 30th 2019. Please send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your educational and professional background and explaining your main motivation for the scholarship. The letter of motivation should also answer the following questions:
1. Why do you think you are the best candidate for the scholarship?
2. How can you benefit from the Arabic language in the future?
3. How would you contribute to the promotion of the LEVIT during your stay in Tripoli?
Selected candidates will be contacted after 30th April 2019 for a Skype interview.