1. What are the registration steps?
o After you choose the program, frequency, and accommodation type you want to go with, you will submit the online registration form, we will send you placement test to assess your skills in Arabic, after filling in it we will send you an invoice, and upon payment, an acceptance letter will be issued.
2. What is the deadline for the registration?
o It is highly recommended to submit the application at least 2 weeks prior to the program start.
3. Would I have a discount if I register for a whole trimester or more at once?
o Yes, please refer to the fees page.
4. Can I pay for each term separately?
o Yes, but the discount for trimester registration will not be applied.
5. What is the placement test procedure?
o After the submission of our online registration form, you will receive a placement test to assess your Arabic level, and a Skype meeting will be set to assess your oral skills as well, based on this you will be in the suitable class for your level. Also, you will have another placement test the first day of the term when you arrive at the LEVIT.
6. How many levels do you have?
o We open classes according to the different levels we have which are usually 4 levels, Complete beginner, beginner, intermediate and advanced.
7. How many classes you run for each level?
o It depends on the number of students, the maximum number of students in a single class is 10.
COURSES AND CURRICULUM
8. What are the classes’ hours?
o The Classes hours may vary depending on the program, usually they are in the morning, from 10 AM to 1 PM and then from 2 PM to 4 PM for the intensive courses. The after-hours; classes are between 6 PM and 8 PM.
9. What is the average number of students in a single class?
o The maximum number of student in a single class is 10, however the average number of students is between 3 to 6.
10. Where are the accommodations located?
o We currently only offer accommodations in Tripoli. They are apartments located within 5 to 10 minutes walking from the institute of tripoli
11. How many students will share the accommodation?
o Usually the apartment will be shared between 5 to 10 people. Only 2 people will share a shared room.
12. How many hours can I volunteer a week?
o Usually, our students volunteer 1 or 2 hours in the morning depending on their classes and availability.
13. What can I offer as a volunteer?
o You can teach languages, French, English, also some of our students teach drawing, sports and other skills they have.
14. Is Lebanon a safe country?
o Despite the rumors and the political instability from the beginning of 2018, the security situation for foreigners in Lebanon hasn’t changed. The crime and kidnapping rate is almost Zero.
15. How to move around in Tripoli and Beirut?
o It is very easy to pick up a taxi all around Tripoli and Beirut.
16. Do I need a visa to come to Lebanon?
Visa regulations are the result of bilateral agreements between states, every student should check the visa requirements with the Lebanese embassy in their country prior departure. Please check here for more information
Click below for a full list of LEVIT’s internal Rules and Regulations